GCP Dataplex is an extract, transform, and load (ETL) service that enables you to visualize and manage data in GCP BigQuery and the cloud.
Control-M for GCP Dataplex enables you to do the following:
- Connect to any GCP Dataplex endpoint from a single computer with a secure login, which eliminates the need to provide authentication.
- Integrate GCP Dataplex jobs with other Control-M jobs into a single scheduling environment.
- Execute any of the following job actions:
- Data Quality Task: Executes a predefined data quality task in GCP BigQuery or Google Cloud Storage locations and defines data controls in BigQuery environments.
- Custom Spark Task: Executes a predefined, scheduled Apache Spark task to analyze and process your data.
- Data Profiling Scan: Executes a predefined data scan to identify shared statistical characteristics between BigQuery tables.
- Data Quality Scan: Executes a predefined data quality scan that validates your data and logs alerts when the data fails validation.
- Monitor the status, results, and output of GCP Dataplex jobs in the Monitoring domain.
- Attach an SLA job to your GCP Dataplex jobs.
- Introduce all Control-M capabilities to Control-M for GCP Dataplex, including advanced scheduling criteria, complex dependencies, Resource Pools, Lock Resources, and variables.
- Run 50 GCP Dataplex jobs simultaneously per Agent.
Control-M integration for Google Dataplex is available for these product versions:
- Control-M 21.100 and later