Established in 1983 in Kuwait as the region’s first mobile operator, mobile telecommunications pioneer Zain has grown exponentially over the last 40 years. The organization has a commercial footprint in seven countries across the Middle East and Africa and a 7,100-strong workforce providing comprehensive B2B and B2C mobile voice and data services to over 52 million customers.
The Zain brand is valued at over $2.4 billion by the Brand Finance Middle East Top 50 Brands annual report and carries a brand rating of AA+. Zain’s vision is to become the leading provider of innovation and digital lifestyle communications by delivering the best and simplest experience to its customers while also achieving operational effectiveness, growing the business, breaking down boundaries, and bringing people together.
Zain has relied on the powerful features and capabilities of BMC solutions for its core applications, which are used extensively by call center agents, branches, shops, and distributors to support the biggest customer base in Kuwait.
As part of an industry that experiences rapid technology changes and ongoing evolution, Zain wanted to maximize its technology investments to deliver experiences to customers that make their lives easier—and give its service agents world-class solutions to make that happen.
Zain selected BMC Helix for Customer Service Management, a comprehensive solution that empowers Zain agents to deliver omnichannel customer support across traditional and digital channels. The collaborative platform also allows the entire organization to be customer centric and ensure that every customer challenge is met quickly and handled professionally.
Built-in reporting and dashboards work twofold—monitoring and measuring agent performance and skill levels to help managers understand which agents need more training so they can continuously improve their performance, and creating strategic operational reports for sharing out to top management.
The BMC solution has enabled 30 smooth and seamless integrations with Zain’s core systems, giving agents a 360-degree view of customers across all touchpoints and departments. By allowing agents to focus on the customer instead of navigating through various screens to access customer details, agents have boosted their efficiency by 21 percent and reduced their service time.
Additional beneficial features include:
- A configurable urgent assistance script that helps agents collect all necessary customer information at first contact so resolution teams can act immediately, which has increased the first call resolution (FCR) rate by over 25 percent
- A global case feature that allows teams to proactively predict a potential global issue based on several parameters and auto-assign it to IT, the network operations center (NOC), or BMC vendors for resolution
- Faster flow of interdepartmental communications across a hybrid workforce
- Flexibility for business administrators to manage internal systems and improve speed to market, reducing the process from up to ten days to a matter of hours
- Dynamic adaptability to business changes as new products, items, and system tools come online
- Improved employee engagement and satisfaction
- Increased service agent retention
Zain values BMC as a partner in its success and plans to continue working together to create better experiences for its agents and customers. This includes gathering data and performance metrics to help Zain meet critical customer service objectives such as an improved Net Promoter Score (NPS).
“Information flow does not stop. It’s a continuous, ongoing thing. Having the right tools in place is becoming increasingly important each day, especially in the new era where customer information needs to flow freely between departments.”— Ali Akbar, Customer Care Director of Customer Care Division, Zain Kuwait