Houston-based Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P. (a member of the DAIKIN group) is a leading manufacturer of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning products for residential and commercial use. Goodman Manufacturing’s in-house service management program had been facing increasing challenges in their transition to a global, always-on company serving 7,000 employees.
The Challenge: ITSM at Scale
What had once been right-sized in terms of service management had become outmoded. In their quest to evolve their service management, Goodman sought to empower employees anytime, anywhere, to submit service desk requests and track them via mobile app. The company also required reporting enhancements to accurately reflect and manage the growing IT demands of the organization.
Goodman chose BMC Helix Remedyforce for the reliable performance and capabilities provided out-of-the-box, including incident, change, task, and inventory management. In addition, the flexibility of running BMC Helix Remedyforce on top of Salesforce delivered some unique use cases beyond typical service management, including advanced project management and reporting, time management, and visitor check-in tracking.
- Project Management: Goodman has tailored BMC Helix Remedyforce for self-service and streamlined project management—projects are managed and tracked through a closed-loop process without coding or customization.
- Reporting: Goodman created an advanced reporting tool for their PMO office to get a more accurate picture of progress and completion of all projects across the department.
- Time Management: Project managers can enter time spent on each of their actions to automatically calculate the total duration and time spent on an incident. This helps to up-level bandwidth hot spots and prioritize and streamline workflows based upon time allocations.
- Visitor Check-In: Using an automated self-service form, Goodman has enabled electronic check-in for visitors rather than the previous paper-based method. The sign-in triggers appropriate email notifications and post-visit acknowledgment.
- Line-of-Business: Goodman is also using BMC Helix Remedyforce for non-IT groups, such as HR, Facilities and the Safety department, who must also track incidents and tasks.
- Mobile App: BMC Helix Remedyforce can be leveraged on any device. With the mobile app, IT staff can provide updates, open new incidents, or assist the customer and close the incident at once. After the incidents are closed, customers can provide feedback for continuous improvement.
“BMC has put out a product that not only does what it’s designed to do but is also able to do even more outside of that. I love the flexibility of BMC Helix Remedyforce and Salesforce.”— Andrew Dorsey, IT Business Analyst, Goodman Manufacturing